Epigenetics is the study of phenotypes that are stably inherited through chromosomal changes that do not involve DNA sequence changes. A more precise definition of epigenetic modification now includes histone mutations, post-translational modifications of amino acids at the amino terminus of histones, and covalent modifications of DNA bases involved in gene regulation. These changes can accumulate and lead to a range of diseases. Furthermore, because these changes are stably inherited, epigenetic regulation is an important mechanism for cell differentiation and fate determination.
Precision medicine refers to individualized health care based on an individual's genes, lifestyle, and environmental factors. In the case of precision medicine, epigenetics is thought to explain the secrets of cancer, and an increased understanding of the biological mechanisms of cancer may lead to the development of novel cancer treatments. Machine learning is a branch of artificial intelligence that comprises, a computer science technique designed to identify complex patterns in data that can for predicting and classifying new or, unknown data or allow for advanced exploratory data analysis. Machine learning of multimodal data in precision medicine enables comprehensive analysis of large datasets and ultimately provides a deeper understanding of epigenetics.
This special issue focuses on bioinformatics, machine learning, methods for analysing whole genetic data along with nd the use of epigenetics in precision medicine to improve disease treatment. This special issue requests welcomes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Big data in genomic/epigenomics and its role and applications in experimental and translational medicine.
2. The development and application of machine learning methods in genomic/epigenomic analysis.
3. Applications and tools of bioinformatics in experimental and translational medicine.
Assoc. Prof. Feng Jiang
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Integrated Single-Cell and Transcriptome Sequencing Analyses Develop a Ubiquitination-Associated Signature in Gastric Cancer and Identified OTULIN as a Novel BiomarkerZhongting Huang, Zhiyong Zhang, Yangyang Tu, Haibin He, ... Chunshu PanFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2023, 28(11), 304; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.fbl2811304(This article belongs to the Special Issue Targeting Epigenetic Diseases Using Machine Learning Applications in Precision Medicine)14Downloads32Views
- Anoikis Patterns in Cervical Cancer: Identification of Subgroups and Construction of a Novel Risk Model for Predicting Prognosis and Immune ResponseXuesong Xiang, Jingxin DingFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2023, 28(11), 287; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.fbl2811287(This article belongs to the Special Issue Targeting Epigenetic Diseases Using Machine Learning Applications in Precision Medicine)27Downloads121Views