In accordance with major definitions of open access in scientific literature (namely the Budapest, Berlin, and Bethesda declarations), IMR Press defines open access by the following conditions:
• Peer-reviewed literature is freely available without subscription or price barriers.
• Literature is immediately released in open access format (form) (no embargo period), and published material can be re-used without obtaining permission as long as a correct citation to the original publication is given.
All articles published by IMR Press are made immediately available worldwide under an open access license. This means:
• Everyone has free and unlimited access to the full-text of all articles published in IMR Press journals.
• Free for readers, with a comparatively low Article Processing Charges (APC) paid by authors or their funding bodies or institutions.
Benefits of Open Access for Authors
• Authors retain copyright. The use of a Creative Commons Attribution License enables authors to retain copyright to their work. Publications can be reused and redistributed as long as the original author is correctly attributed.
• High quality and rigorous peer review. Open access publications run through the same peer review, production and publishing processes similar to journals and books published under the traditional subscription-based model do.
• Rapid publication. A streamlined and easy to use online submission and production process enables quick review, approval and publication.
• No space constraints. Publishing online means unlimited space for supplementary material including figures, extensive data and video footage.
• Compliance with open access mandates. Open access publications can comply with open access mandates from funding sources or academic institutions in the fastest and easiest way. Final articles can be deposited into bibliographic databases and institutional repositories without any embargo periods.
• Citation tracking and inclusion in bibliographic databases. Open access journals are deposited into bibliographic databases and institutional repositories without any embargo period just as traditional journals. The full text of all IMR Press published articles is immediately available to all without registration or subscription. This means that search engines such as Google Scholar can index them fully, greatly increasing their visibility.
• Income of IMR Press staff and Editors are independent on the number of articles accepted, payments are based on their contracts with publisher.
Updated on 1 January 2018