- Department of Cardiology, University Hospital of Patras, Rion-Patras, Greece; First Department of Cardiology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Hippocration General HospitalInterests: coronary artery disease; percutaneous coronary interventions; intravascular imaging; acute coronary syndromes; antiplatelets; structural heart diseases
Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) has a significant impact on the clinical course of patients with coronary artery disease, especially in the setting of acute coronary syndrome. Angiography is routinely used to guide PCI, however it has several limitations. Intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) and optical coherence tomography (OCT) are the most widely available intravascular imaging techniques and are increasingly used to overcome the limitations of coronary angiography. Both modalities provide a wealth of information that is important for PCI planning (lesion morphology, length, diameter), PCI outcome evaluation (stent expansion, stent apposition, edge dissection) and stent failure management. The implications of intravascular imaging for PCI optimization are further supported by clinical outcome studies. Nevertheless, intravascular imaging is still underutilized in everyday practice. Appropriate education and training with regard to image acquisition and accurate interpretation, together with knowledge of the strengths and limitations of IVUS and OCT, are essential for the successful application of these techniques in demanding settings including left main, bifurcation and chronic total occlusion PCI.
Assis. Prof. Grigorios Tsigkas, Dr. Athanasios Moulias and Dr. Anastasios Apostolos
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2200 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
Intracoronary Imaging; Current Practice and Future Perspectives
Imaging of Left Main Coronary Artery
OCT Guidance for Bifurcation PCI
OCT Evaluation after Percutaneous Coronary and Femoral Interventions
Angioplasty in Grafts Used for Hemodialysis
Kitrou P., Karnabatidis D.
PCI Deferral Based on Fractional Flow Reserve or Optical Coherence Tomography: Two-Year Results of the FORZA Trial
Antonio Maria Leone
Contribution of the Optical Coherence Tomography in Calcified Lesions
Nicolas Combaret, Nicolas Amabile, Benjamin Duband. Pascal Motreff, Geraud Souteyrand
- Intracoronary Imaging: Current Practice and Future PerspectivesGrigorios Tsigkas, Panagiota Spyropoulou, Elena Bousoula, Anastasios Apostolos, ... Periklis DavlourosRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(2), 39; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm24020396Downloads22Views
- Imaging of Left Main Coronary Artery; Untangling the Gordian KnotAnastasios Apostolos, Andreas Gerakaris, Evropi Tsoni, Konstantinos Pappelis, ... Grigorios TsigkasRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(1), 26; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm240102645Downloads274Views
- PCI Deferral Based on Fractional Flow Reserve or Optical Coherence Tomography: Two-Year Results of the Forza TrialAntonio Maria Leone, Francesco Burzotta, Cristina Aurigemma, Aniello Zambrano, ... Filippo CreaRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(11), 361; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm231136137Downloads147Views
- Establishment of a Risk Scoring Model for Perioperative Unex-Plained Shock during Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for the Treatment of Chronic Total OcclusionZichao Cheng, Hongyu Peng, Wen Jian, Yanci Liu, ... Jinghua LiuRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(10), 342; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm231034235Downloads126Views