Immune system is an essential component in our body that protects us against invasion into our body, to guarantee our survival. The most important immune cells in our system are the white blood cells which include phagocytes and lymphocytes. In cardiovascular system, damage to the organs will trigger inflammatory response, orchestrated by immune cells. Disturbances to the immune system may cause inflammation related cardiovascular disease such as atherosclerosis, myocardial infarction, hypertension and many others.
The main focus of the Special Issue on Immune Cell Behavior is to comprehensively review the role of immune cell behavior in cardiovascular disease, and its possible modulation by drugs and potential phytochemicals.
Topics of interests for the planned Special Issue of Reviews in Cardiovascular Medicine include but not limited to:
1. Molecular mechanisms of immune cell behavior in cardiovascular disease.
2. Modulation of immune cell behavior by phytochemicals in cardiovascular disease.
3. Modulation of immune cell behavior by cardiovascular drugs.
4. Role of transcription factors in cardiovascular immune system.
5. Role of immune cells in inflammatory response in cardiovascular disease.
6. Immune cells-targeted therapy in cardiovascular disease
The overall goal of this Special Issue is to provide more understanding to readers regarding the behavior of the immune cells that play a role in cardiovascular disease.
Authors are invited to submit their reviews, original research articles, systematic reviews, case reports and short communications to the special issue.
Prof. Dr. Yusof Kamisah
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2200 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Implication of dietary phenolic acids on inflammation in cardiovascular diseaseShafreena Shaukat Ali, Wan Amir Nizam Wan Ahmad, Siti Balkis Budin, Satirah ZainalabidinRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2020, 21(2), 225–240; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm.2020.02.49(This article belongs to the Special Issue Immune cell behavior)53Download15Citations108Views
- Antioxidative and anti-inflammatory activities of Polygonum minus: a review of literatureAdila A Hamid, Amilia Aminuddin, Mohd Heikal Mohd Yunus, Jaya Kumar Murthy, ... Azizah UgusmanRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2020, 21(2), 275–287; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm.2020.02.50(This article belongs to the Special Issue Immune cell behavior)25Download6Citations92Views