- Department of Maternal and Child Health, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, PolandInterests: obstetrics; gynaecology; endometriosisSpecial Issues in IMR Press journalsSpecial Issue in Health Care for Pregnant Women during SARS-CoV-2 PandemicSpecial Issue in Health Management of Endometriosis
Hysteroscopy is currently the gold standard in the evaluation of the uterine cavity and the treatment of intrauterine changes due to its minimally invasive nature and high diagnostic efficiency.
This minimally invasive method can be used in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases such as
- abnormal uterine bleeding,
- cervical canal polyps,
- polyps of the uterine mucosa,
- submucosal fibroids of the uterine canal and cavity,
- intrauterine septum,
- intrauterine adhesions,
- infertility, inability to deliver pregnancy,
- endometrial hyperplasia, i.e. excision of the uterine mucosa as an alternative to removal of the uterus in the event of heavy and abnormal uterine bleeding.
Currently, resectoscopes with a reduced diameter are increasingly used in order to: minimize discomfort in patients, reduce costs, and shorten the duration of hospitalization. The advent of modern hysteroscopic techniques makes it possible to perform the procedure without the need to dilate the cervical canal. This procedure allows the procedure to be performed without the need for short-term intravenous anesthesia.
We invite you to participate in this project.
Dr. Karolina Chmaj-Wierzchowska and Prof. Maciej Wilczak
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 1500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- An Overview of Outpatient HysteroscopyNatalia Ignaszak-Kaus, Karolina Chmaj-Wierzchowska, Adrian Nowak, Katarzyna Wszołek, Maciej WilczakClin. Exp. Obstet. Gynecol. 2022, 49(8), 181; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ceog4908181(This article belongs to the Special Issue Hysteroscopy on the Threshold of New Challenges)3Download30Views