I am proud to announce the special issue “Clinical Electrophysiology: diagnosis and treatment”. There have been remarkable recent advances in approaches/therapies for the management of cardiac arrhythmias. The field of cardiac electrophysiology has been characterized by a succession of advances in understanding the pathophysiology of cardiac arrhythmias and the application of innovative technologies to cure diverse supraventricular and ventricular arrhythmias. Development of novel concepts of arrhythmias has led a new strategy of curing the arrhythmias along with the progression of 3D technologies. As these results, most of arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia complicated with organic heart disease and some types of ventricular fibrillation have become curable by catheter-based approaches. The Special Issue will publish full research articles and systematic reviews. Potential topics include, but are not limited to, the following research areas:
? Concept, electrophysiological diagnosis and ablation of supraventricular or ventricular tachyarrhythmias
? Technologies including imaging and mapping system
? Pathophysiology of tachyarrhythmias
? Meta-analysis of clinical trials
? Molecular biology and cellular physiology of inherited arrhythmias
We look forward to receiving your excellent work.
Thank you very much!
Dr. Yoshiaki Kaneko
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2200 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Atrioventricular Ring Tachycardias: Atypical Fast-Slow Atrioventricular Nodal Reentrant Tachycardia and Atrial Tachycardia Share a Common Arrhythmogenic Substrate—A Unifying ProposalYoshiaki Kaneko, Shuntaro Tamura, Takashi Kobari, Hiroshi Hasegawa, ... Hideki IshiiRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(11), 369; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm2311369101Downloads1Citations223Views
- The Challenges of Diagnosis and Treatment of Arrhythmogenic Cardiomyopathy: Are We there yet?Alberto Spadotto, Domenico Morabito, Alessandro Carecci, Giulia Massaro, ... Mauro BiffiRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(8), 283; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm230828361Downloads245Views
- Hyperuricemia and Gout are Associated with the Risk of Atrial Fibrillation: An Updated Meta-AnalysisYingjian Deng, Qiang Li, Faguang Zhou, Binni Cai, ... Dong ChangRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(5), 178; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm230517831Downloads162Views
- Cardiac Involvement and Arrhythmias Associated with Myotonic DystrophyDaniel McBride, Amrish Deshmukh, Supriya Shore, Melissa A. Elafros, Jackson J. LiangRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(4), 126; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm230412686Downloads1Citations378Views
- Efficacy and Safety of Catheter Ablation vs Antiarrhythmic Drugs as Initial Therapy for Management of Symptomatic Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation: A Meta-AnalysisAminah Abdul Razzack, Hassan Mehmood Lak, Suveenkrishna Pothuru, Sajedur Rahman, ... Ayman A. HusseinRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(3), 112; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm2303112387Downloads3Citations1137Views
- Evidence-based treatment of atrial fibrillation around the globe: comparison of the latest ESC, AHA/ACC/HRS, and CCS guidelines on the management of atrial fibrillationJulian Wolfes, Christian Ellermann, Gerrit Frommeyer, Lars EckardtRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(2), 56; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm2302056560Downloads13Citations1290Views
- A decade of insertable cardiac monitors with remote monitoring in pediatric patientsMassimo S. Silvetti, Ilaria Tamburri, Luigina Porco, Fabio A. Saputo, ... Fabrizio DragoRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(1), 27; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm230102775Downloads2Citations289Views
- Evolving roles of cardiac fibroblasts in cardiogenesis and immunology, electrophysiology, and agingRathna Silviya Lodi, Lin Xia, Yeping Zhang, Fang LiuRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2021, 22(4), 1173–1183; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm2204126153Downloads330Views
- Inappropriate sinus tachycardia: a reviewMuzaffar Ali, Abdul Qadir Haji, Asim Kichloo, Blair P Grubb, Khalil KanjwalRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2021, 22(4), 1331–1339; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm2204139913Downloads3Citations2032Views
- Influence of excess weight and obesity on performance and outcome of pulmonary vein isolation with the cryoballoonChristian Blockhaus, Hans-Peter Waibler, Jan-Erik Gülker, Alexander Bufe, ... Dong-In ShinRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2021, 22(3), 1047–1052; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm220311467Downloads1Citations217Views