Selected Papers from the 12th International Conference on Bioscience, Biochemistry and Bioinformatics (ICBBB 2022)
- Bioinformatics Center, Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto, JapanInterests: computational systems biology; complex networks; inference/analysis/control of genetic/metabolic networks; RNA/protein structure comparison/prediction; chemo-informatics; discrete models of artificial neural networks; discrete algorithmsSpecial Issues and Topics in IMR Press journals
- School of Biomedical Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, ChinaInterests: bioinformatics; comparative genomics and molecular biology of clinical pathogens including human immunodeficiency virus; hepatitis B virus; influenza virus and mycobacterium tuberculosisSpecial Issues and Topics in IMR Press journals
Biological and medical sciences are at the core of our societal and economical challenges more than ever before, and novel technologies are being developed day by day. The importance of biomedical sciences is further upheld because of the COVID-19 pandemics and scientific community as well as the general publics have recognized the immense contribution of biological and biomedical discovery to the human society. Many of these developments cannot be achieved without taking into account the interdisciplinarity and inter-modularity among bioscience, bioengineering, and bioinformatics. In order to provide an interactive forum for interdisciplinary studies on these and related areas, the 12th International Conference on Bioscience, Biochemistry and Bioinformatics (ICBBB 2022) will be held in Tokyo, Japan during January 7-10, 2022. ICBBB 2022 is organized by Hong Kong Chemical, Biological & Environmental Engineering Society (HKCBEES), co-organized by Tokai University and Biology and Bioinformatics Society (BBS), and technically supported by South China University of Technology. More information can be found at http://www.icbbb.org/.
This special issue covers a wide range of topics in Bioinformatics, Bioscience Engineering, Biomedicine Engineering, and Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Plants, including (but not limited to) the following ones.
- Bioinformatics: bio-databases, bio-data mining, bio-imaging, sequence/structure/gene expression data analysis, systems biology
- Bioscience Engineering: medical robotics, nano-medicine, tissue engineering, bio-sensors, biomaterials, nano-bio-computing
- Biomedicine Engineering: clinical data analysis, biomedical signal/image analysis, bio-visualization, translational genomics
- Molecular Biology of Plants: drug discovery, bioenergy, molecular medicine, nano-biotechnology, protein engineering
Selected papers from the conference will be invited to this Special Issue. To comply with copyright agreements, papers submitted to the special issue must differ by a minimum of 30% from the papers submitted to ICBBB 2022 Conference Proceedings.
We welcome your latest contribution.
Prof. Dr. Tatsuya Akutsu and Prof. Dr. TSUI Kwok Wing Stephen
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- An Inverse QSAR Method Based on Linear Regression and Integer ProgrammingJianshen Zhu, Naveed Ahmed Azam, Kazuya Haraguchi, Liang Zhao, ... Tatsuya AkutsuFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2022, 27(6), 188; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.fbl270618841Downloads292Views
- Epirubicin Alters DNA Methylation Profiles Related to CardiotoxicityNhan Nguyen, Matthias Lienhard, Ralf Herwig, Jos Kleinjans, Danyel JennenFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2022, 27(6), 173; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.fbl270617368Downloads1Citations275Views
- GpemDB: A Scalable Database Architecture with the Multi-omics Entity-relationship Model to Integrate Heterogeneous Big-data for Precise Crop BreedingLiang Gong, Qiaojun Lou, Chenrui Yu, Yunyu Chen, ... Chengliang LiuFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2022, 27(5), 159; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.fbl2705159103Downloads2Citations362Views
- Detection of Biomarkers for Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition with Single-Cell Trajectory InferenceKosho Murayama, Hideo MatsudaFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2022, 27(4), 127; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.fbl2704127122Downloads508Views