- Department of Biology, East Carolina University Greenville, NC, USAInterests: cellular and molecular biology; biotechnology; environmental toxicology; genomics; cottonSpecial Issues and Topics in IMR Press journalsSpecial Issue in Environmental Toxicology and Healthy
Over the past two decades, significant progress has been achieved in the field of genome sequencing. Non-coding RNAs were among the host of discoveries. Based on their size, non-coding RNAs were classified into small non-coding RNAs and long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs). Increasingly, studies have shown that both small non-coding RNAs, particularly microRNAs, and lncRNAs play versatile roles in human health. Numerous studies have demonstrated that microRNAs and other non-coding RNAs are involved in diverse human diseases such as cancer, and may serve as a potential target for gene therapy as well as a diagnostic screening tool. To provide a platform for the scientific community, Frontiers in Bioscience-Elite will publish a Special Issue on MicroRNAs and other non-coding RNAs in human health. Both invited and unsolicited manuscripts will be welcome. This special issue will include reviews, research articles, and case studies as well as computational modeling and programing in the following topics, but not limited to:
- Genome-wide identification of microRNAs and lncRNAs associated with human disease using clinical samples, cell lines and/or model animals
- Functional analysis of microRNAs and other non-coding RNAs associated with human health
- Drug target identification and health treatment
- MicroRNAs and other non-coding RNAs as targets for drug development
- Genome editing application on non-coding RNAs
Prof. Baohong Zhang
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Open Access ReviewNGR4 and ERBB4 as Promising Diagnostic and Therapeutic Targets for Metabolic DisordersMaria Vulf, Maria Bograya, Alexandra Komar, Olga Khaziakhmatova, ... Larisa LitvinovaFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2023, 15(2), 14; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.fbe1502014 (registering DOI)(This article belongs to the Special Issue MicroRNAs and Other Non-coding RNAs in Human Health)1Downloads8Views
- Open Access ReviewIs miR-223 Upregulation in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases a Protective Response?Jiezhong Chen, Luis VitettaFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2023, 15(1), 5; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.fbe1501005(This article belongs to the Special Issue MicroRNAs and Other Non-coding RNAs in Human Health)19Downloads102Views