Cancer is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. While conventional cytotoxic agents help with minimising tumour growth, their application is limited by a toxic adverse effect profile, tumour resistance to the treatment, and reduced patient compliance. The field of anticancer drug development is growing rapidly and day by day newer treatments enter clinical phases, but very few make out their way to final approval and market. The aim of this special issue is to emphasise the importance of novelty and precision in modern anticancer drug development and pave the way for future clinically applicable anticancer drugs.
We encourage interested investigators to submit original research, reviews, case reports and clinical studies to this special issue. We welcome submission on the following areas, however, any other relevant subjects could be considered for possible publication.
· Anticancer drug discovery and development,
· Pharmacological, toxicological, and immunological aspects of natural and chemically synthetised anticancer drugs and nanomedicines,
· Novel drug delivery methods to tumours.
Dr. Sarah Shigdar and Dr. Maryam Nakhjavani
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Open Access ReviewExosomes as Anticancer Drug Delivery Vehicles: Prospects and ChallengesYubo Zhang, Jian Li, Wei Gao, Na XieFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2022, 27(10), 293; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.fbl2710293(This article belongs to the Special Issue Anticancer Drugs)124Downloads2Citations202Views
- Open Access ReviewThe Role of Intestinal Flora in Anti-Tumor Antibiotic TherapyXuewei Ye, Anqi Wang, Wenting Lin, Yiwen Xu, ... Xiaoling XuFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2022, 27(10), 281; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.fbl2710281(This article belongs to the Special Issue Anticancer Drugs)73Downloads255Views