- Division of Cardiology, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Magna Graecia University, Catanzaro, ItalyInterests: cardiovascular disease; biomarkers; invasive coronary imaging; IVUS; OCT; coronary angiographySpecial Issues and Topics in IMR Press journals
Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) are the leading cause of mortality worldwide. Acute coronary syndrome accounting for a large part of the mortality burden related to CVD. Recent years have witnessed amazing progress in this field, with key discoveries in basic mechanisms, clinical pathophysiology and biomarkers leading to a consistent improvement in patient treatments. Despite this, residual risk remains a challenge even with optimal management.
This special issue focuses on current gaps and possible solutions in the field of Acute Coronary Syndrome. Novel research approaches such as multi-omics, personalized medicine and artificial intelligence are leveraging recent and ongoing achievements in this field, including new drug treatments for dyslipidemia and antithrombotic drugs to support LV function, into a unique and unprecedented opportunity.
We welcome the submission of original research and review articles on pertinent topics, including:
- Molecular mechanisms underlying atherosclerosis and the development of acute coronary syndromes;
- Cardiovascular risk stratification and the prevention of acute coronary syndrome;
- Treatment of acute coronary syndrome;
- Intracoronary diagnostics for the management of patients with acute coronary syndrome;
- Acute coronary syndrome (ACS) in special populations (young patients, elderly, diabetics, achd);
- ACS without obstructive coronary artery disease (ACS-NNOCA);
- Personalized medicine and Artificial Intelligence in ACS.
Prof. Salvatore De Rosa
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2200 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- The Pathophysiology of Acute Coronary SyndromeSalvatore De Rosa, Daniele Torella, Isabella LeoRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(7), 213; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm240721379Downloads209Views
- Regulatory T Cell as Predictor of Intramyocardial Hemorrhage in STEMI Patients after Primary PCIYue Zhang, Hui Gao, Lei Liu, Shengyu Li, ... Hongwei LiRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(7), 205; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm240720523Downloads119Views
- Progress in the Metabolomics of Acute Coronary SyndromeFu Zhang, Bo Li, Hongling Su, Zhaoxia Guo, ... Yunshan CaoRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(7), 204; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm240720444Downloads117Views
- Impact of Glycemic Control on Coronary Inflammation Evaluated by Computed Tomography Pericoronary Fat Attenuation Index in Patients with Acute Coronary SyndromeJinyao Jiang, Yan Yin, Yilin Li, Bihe Xu, ... Jun PuRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(7), 203; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm240720338Downloads105Views
- Mid-Term Outcomes of Novel Covered Stent with Biodegradable Membrane in Porcine Coronary Artery PerforationWei Cai, En Chen, Hong Zheng, Danqing Hu, ... Lianglong ChenRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(7), 197; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm240719724Downloads93Views
- Prognostic Value of Temporary Pacemaker Insertion in Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction in the Era of Percutaneous Coronary RevascularizationPeng Wang, Shidong Wang, Zhimin Liu, Lei Song, ... Yuejin YangRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(6), 179; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm240617931Downloads158Views
- Systematic Review of the Management of Acute Type A Aortic Dissection with Mesenteric MalperfusionChangtian Wang, Haiwei Wu, Zhilong Xi, Qiang Liu, ... Lei ZhangRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(5), 127; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm240512747Downloads162Views
- New Concepts on the Pathophysiology of Acute Coronary SyndromeDeqiang Yuan, Jiapeng Chu, Jun Qian, Hao Lin, ... Xuebo LiuRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(4), 112; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm24041121523Downloads3Citations4004Views
- Timing of Complete Revascularization in Patients with STEMI and Multivessel Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-AnalysisGiuseppe Panuccio, Nadia Salerno, Salvatore De Rosa, Daniele TorellaRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(2), 58; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm2402058114Downloads1Citations479Views
- Intracoronary Diagnostics in Patients with Acute Coronary SyndromeQianhui Sun, Minghao Liu, Ming Zeng, Haibo JiaRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(2), 45; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm240204568Downloads180Views
- Takotsubo Syndrome after Pacemaker Implantation: A Systematic ReviewAntonio Strangio, Isabella Leo, Jolanda Sabatino, Letizia Rosa Romano, ... Salvatore De RosaRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(12), 401; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm231240159Downloads247Views
- Myocardial Infarction with Non-Obstructive Coronary Arteries: A Puzzle in Search of a SolutionRiccardo Scagliola, Jacopo Senes, Manrico BalbiRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(11), 379; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm2311379872Downloads2262Views
- Association of Soluble IL-1 Receptor Type 2 with Recovery of Left Ventricular Function and Clinical Outcomes in Acute Myocardial InfarctionSui-Feng Liu, Song Liu, Qiao-Ting Yu, Tang-Gang Gao, ... Feng GaoRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(11), 372; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm231137228Downloads186Views
- Potent P2Y12 inhibitors versus clopidogrel to predict adherence to antiplatelet therapy after an acute coronary syndrome: insights from IDEAL-LDLOlga Kourti, Orestis Konstantas, Ioannis Τ Farmakis, Stefanos Zafeiropoulos, ... George GiannakoulasRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(3), 81; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm2303081107Downloads1Citations431Views