- Division of Cardiology, Department of Cardiosciences, A.O. San Camillo-Forlanini, Circonvallazione Gianicolense, Roma, ItalyInterests: acute coronary syndromes; pharmacology and pharmacotherapy; interventional cardiology; acute heart failureSpecial Issues in IMR Press journals
We are pleased to launch the Special Issue of Reviews in Cardiovascular Medicine focusing on new frontiers in cardiovascular secondary prevention.
Although significant advancements have recently been made in cardiovascular disease prevention, cardiovascular diseases remain the leading cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. The aim of this Special Issue is to present original research or scientific review articles that address the wide field of cardiovascular disease prevention, with particular emphasis on the following topics:
• the most recent findings on the pathophysiologic mechanisms underlying atherosclerosis;
• non-traditional cardiovascular disease risk markers, such as genetics, epigenetics, and psychosocial factors;
• the role of innovative cardiovascular imaging techniques and new biomarkers in identifying and assessing cardiovascular disease risk;
• innovative pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments against new and old biotargets, including the emerging frontier of therapeutic interventions based on biotechnological methods.
Overall, with this Special Issue, we want to offer a comprehensive update on new opportunities on the horizon for cardiovascular disease prevention.
Manuscripts that provide a substantial update and/or original contribution on these subjects are welcome.
Prof. Furio Colivicchi, Prof. Leonardo De Luca and Dr. Stefania Angela Di Fusco
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2200 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.