Heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF) still remains a major public health concern with substantial morbidity and mortality despite significant improvements in pharmacological (i.e., angiotensin receptor/neprilysin inhibitors, type 2 sodium glucose transporter inhibitors) and non-pharmacological treatments (i.e., percutaneous valve repair, invasive strategies for arrhythmias). In view of its multidimensional character, the management of the HFrEF syndrome is gradually moving towards a multiparametric approach as well as its prognostic stratification. In such a context, only a combined evaluation of different variables (i.e., biomarkers, functional and other instrumental parameters) appears to be most beneficial in this clinical setting.
This Special Issue of Reviews in Cardiovascular Medicine “Heart failure with reduced ejection Fraction” will collect high-quality comprehensive reviews and original research papers on recent advances in the management of this complex syndrome.
The topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Risk stratification
- Clinical decision making and real world outcomes
- Cardiovascular Imaging
- Functional evaluation
- Pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment
Manuscripts submitted to this Special Issue will be subjected to more stringent selection criteria. Those that fail to pass this selection will be considered for publication in RCM as regular contributions.
Damiano Magrí and Giovanna Gallo
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2200 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Open Access ReviewAnthracyclines-Induced Cardiac Dysfunction: What Every Clinician Should KnowArmando Ferrera, Vincenzo Fiorentini, Simone Reale, Giorgio Solfanelli, ... Allegra BattistoniRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(5), 148; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm240514839Downloads80Views
- Open Access ReviewUpdate on Percutaneous Treatment for HFrEF: A Great Armamentarium for a Poor Ventricular FunctionAntonio Sisinni, Matteo Casenghi, Antonio Popolo Rubbio, Andrea Berni, ... Emanuele BarbatoRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2023, 24(5), 128; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm2405128177Downloads1033Views
- Open Access Original ResearchPredictive Value of QRS Fraction for Cardiovascular Death in Patients with Heart Failure: A Prospective Cohort Study in Acute Decompensated Heart Failure (Heb-ADHF)Xiaoran Cui, Demin Liu, Xue Geng, Qian Wang, ... Wei CuiRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(7), 241; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm230724171Downloads242Views
- Open Access Reviewβ-Blockers and Erectile Dysfunction in Heart Failure. Between Myth and RealitySara Corradetti, Giovanna Gallo, Michele Correale, Massimo Piepoli, ... Damiano MagrìRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(5), 173; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm2305173129Downloads400Views