- Giuseppe Biondi-Zoccai, MD, PhDDepartment of Medical-Surgical Sciences and Biotechnologies, Sapienza University of Rome, Latina, ItalyInterests: Coronary artery disease; Meta-analysis; Umbrella reviewSpecial Issues in IMR Press journalsSpecial Issue in Smoking and Oxidative Stress of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Department of Medical-Surgical Sciences and Biotechnologies, Sapienza University of Rome, 04100 Latina, ItalyInterests: Oxidative stress; Cardiovascular disease; Antioxidants; Risk factors; Biomarkers; SupplementationSpecial Issues in IMR Press journalsSpecial Issue in Smoking and Oxidative Stress of Cardiovascular Diseases
Prof. Attilio Maseri, a brilliant clinician scientist and contributor to innovate profoundly our understanding of ischemic heart disease, passed away on 3rd September 2021. During his long career, beginning from the late 1960, he made significant contributions to a diverse range of areas, including coronary vasomotion disturbances and vascular inflammation. His profound influence spanned from theoretical to clinic and practical cardio-thoracic and vascular research.
As Prof. Paolo Camici and Prof. Domenico Cianflone said, he always pursued research and better understanding of the pathophysiological mechanisms by his personal approach: searching for reasons that could explain the “differences from the average”. He was able to transmit his “method” and as a mentor he has trained a large number of successful cardiologists and scientists both in Italy and the United Kingdom.
Now, we feel obliged and honored to collect a series of papers by his students, friends, and colleagues together in this Special Issue dedicated to Prof. Attilio Maseri. In this Special Issue, we will be interested in articles on pathophysiological mechanisms and translational research, not only considering heart care and vascular mechanisms, and clinical research—which build upon Prof. Maseri’s achievements—but also other issues improving the cardiovascular medicine, addressing a broad scope and thereby paying tribute to the rich scientific curiosity of Prof. Maseri.
Prof. Dr. Giuseppe Biondi-Zoccai, Dr. Mariangela Peruzzi and Prof. Antonio Abbate
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2200 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Genetic background of mitral valve prolapseNicolò Azzola Guicciardi, Michele De Bonis, Chiara Di Resta, Guido Ascione, ... Pasquale VergaraRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(3), 96; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm230309688Download238Views
- Interleukin Receptor Associated Kinase 1 Signaling and Its Association with Cardiovascular DiseasesYoujing Zheng, Jia-Qiang HeRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(3), 97; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm230309755Download198Views
- Advanced heart failure: state of the art and future directionsDaniele Masarone, Michelle Kittleson, Andrea Petraio, Giuseppe PacileoRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(2), 48; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm2302048374Download1Citations625Views