- Antonio Mangieri, MDInterventional Cardiology Unit, Humanitas research Hospital, Milan, ItalyInterests: percutaneous tricuspid interventions, Conduction disturbances after TAVI, antithrombotic therapy in TAVI patients, percutaneous treatment of bicuspid valve.
The tricuspid valve is progressively gaining importance thanks to the new evidences which corroborates the prognostic importance of both organic and functional tricuspid regurgitation (FTR). In particular, if left untreated, FTR is not a simple bystander but contributes to the progressive deterioration of right ventricular function and to the systemic congestion syndrome which characterizes this valvulopathy. Surgery represents the gold standard for the correction of both functional and organic TR, however surgical repair/replacement of tricuspid valve is limited by a high morbidity and mortality rate. In this setting, new percutaneous treatments are under development to address this unmet clinical need. This special issue will give a comprensive overview of the problem focusing on the clinical aspects related to tricuspid valve disease as well as on the surgical and percutaneous treatments that are currently available and that will be developed in the near future.
Dr. Antonio Mangieri and Azeem Latib
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2200 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Percutaneous Tricuspid Valve RepairAntonio Mangieri, Alessandro Sticchi, Aisha Gohar, Damiano Regazzoli, ... Antonio ColomboRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(7), 220; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm230722045Download241Views
- Multi-Modality Imaging of the Tricuspid Valve: From Tricuspid Valve Disease to Catheter-Based InterventionsFabio Fazzari, Francesco Cannata, Matteo Maurina, Renato Maria Bragato, Marco FranconeRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(6), 199; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm230619959Download242Views
- Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve Replacement: A Feasible Solution to a Real-world ProblemSanjana Nagraj, Ythan H. Goldberg, Andrea Scotti, Edwin Ho, ... Azeem LatibRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(5), 163; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm230516364Download135Views
- Prognostic value of tricuspid regurgitationPier Pasquale Leone, Mauro Chiarito, Damiano Regazzoli, Marta Pellegrino, ... Antonio MangieriRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2022, 23(2), 76; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm230207691Download1Citations269Views
- Etiology, epidemiology, pathophysiology and management of tricuspid regurgitation: an overviewFrancesco Condello, Mauro Gitto, Giulio G StefaniniRev. Cardiovasc. Med. 2021, 22(4), 1115–1142; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.rcm2204122316Download574Views