We invite you to contribute a manuscript for this special issue of the Journal of Men’s Health, dedicated to “Sports Injury & Rehabilitation”.
Sports injuries are found in all age groups and all levels of sport performance. Rehabilitation including the application of physical therapy modalities, manual therapy techniques, various types of supportive equipment and exercise are essential for a successful return to play, while minimizing the risk of re-injury at the primary site or elsewhere. Primary prevention remains a major factor in sports injuries that requires further study.
The focus of this Special Issue is on the diagnostic challenges, the proper use of innovative therapies, and patient perspectives in relation to the improved prognosis of sports injuries. Please note this Special Issue will focus on participants that are young or adult, or older adult male participants solely, or in relation/comparison to female counterparts.
This special issue offers an opportunity to address the following topics:
- Diagnosis, physical assessment and treatment of various sports-related injuries
- Mechanism of injury and prevention of various sports-related injuries
- The role of advanced applications of physical therapy modalities or/and manual therapy techniques in various sports-related injuries
- Optimal assessment-based algorithms for successful return to play after various sports-related injuries
- Optimal primary sports-specific prevention strategies against various sports-related injuries
- The role of psychosocial factors in the prevention and treatment of various sports-related injuries
- Quality of life issues for patients undergoing rehabilitation for various sports-related injuries
This Special Issue provides an excellent opportunity to share our experiences for the better care of all patients.
Assis. Prof. George A. Koumantakis
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 1500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.