- Department of Physical Therapy, College of Nursing, Healthcare Sciences and Human Ecology, Dong-Eui University, Busan, Republic of KoreaInterests: Musculoskeletal disorders; Nerve entrapment syndrome; Malalignment syndrome; Physical rehabilitation; Kinesiology taping; Cross taping; Balance control; Orthosis for musculoskeletal disorders
It is my pleasure to present this special issue of the Journal of Men’s Health that discusses “Interventions for the treatment or prevention of musculoskeletal disorders in men.”
Musculoskeletal disorders are associated with a variety of daily life and sports activities. Work-related musculoskeletal disorders occur secondary to lifting heavy objects or performing repetitive tasks. Musculoskeletal disorders affect the muscles, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, bones, and joints and may lead to significant pain, weakness, and dysfunction, which tend to negatively affect patients’ quality of life. These conditions are known to interfere with tasks at work and contribute to impaired performance, specifically in sportspersons.
A variety of interventions are available in clinical practice for the management of musculoskeletal disorders. It is important to investigate the role of various interventions, including orthoses as aids to prevent musculoskeletal disorders in sportspersons and workers, including general men. Therefore, through this special issue, I wish to highlight the latest research regarding the various interventions (including alternative and complementary interventions) for the treatment or prevention of musculoskeletal disorders in men.
The Journal of Men’s Health special edition: “Intervention for the treatment or prevention of musculoskeletal disorders in men” will welcome your work as an original article, case report, commentary or review paper. This special issue allows an opportunity to address the following types of topics:
(1) Interventions for work-related musculoskeletal disorders in men
(2) Sex differences in musculoskeletal disorders
(3) Characteristics of the musculoskeletal system in men
(4) Novel assessment for the musculoskeletal system
(5) Orthoses for musculoskeletal disorders
(6) Exercises for prevention of sports injuries in men
(7) Interventions for sports injuries in men
(8) Alternative and complementary interventions of musculoskeletal disorders in men
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://www.jomh.org by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 1500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Gender Effects on Lower Limb Biomechanics of Novice Runners before and after a 5 km RunHairong Chen, Yang Song, Qian Liu, Feng Ren, ... Yaodong GuJ. Mens. Health 2022, 18(8), 176; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jomh180817660Downloads168Views
- Effects of the ankle angle on the electromyographic activity of the trunk and lower extremities during isometric squat exercisesZhe Cui, Ying-Ying Tang, Myoung-Kwon KimJ. Mens. Health 2022, 18(5), 121; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jomh180512197Downloads261Views
- Prevalence of hypermobility in primary school children: a Saudi experienceAbdullah M. Al-Shenqiti, Hatem A. Emara, Fahad S. Algarni, Osama A. Khaled, ... Tarek M El-goharyJ. Mens. Health 2022, 18(4), 91; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jomh180409152Downloads1Citations126Views
- Effect of hip abduction angle on trunk muscle activation during plank exerciseMin-Kyu Kim, Seong-Gil KimJ. Mens. Health 2022, 18(2), 41; https://doi.org/10.31083/jomh.2021.12270Downloads131Views