- Department of Psychiatry and Medical Psychology, Medical University of Plovdiv, Plovdiv, BulgariaSpecial Issues and Topics in IMR Press journalsSpecial Issue in Neural Correlates of Affective Spectrum Disorders
Depressive disorders represent a common and disabling group of mental disorders. In the past decades, there has been achieved much progress in the research on the mechanisms and pathways underlying depression, including multiple levels of explanation and analysis. There have been implicated molecular biomarkers of nitro-oxidative stress and immune-inflammatory pathways, detected in peripherical blood, and associated with major clinical features of disease. Alterations in micro-structure, dynamic functional and effective connectivity, and brain task related functional magnetic-resonance imaging studies contributed to producing an overarching biological "fingerprint" which may identify depressive disorder in terms of differential diagnosis with other psychotic or affective disorders.
This special issue is focused on integrative models that bring together clinical measures, with molecular, neurophysiological and brain imaging technologies to improve procedures and diagnostic criteria and critically inform treatment guidelines and protocols in psychiatry.
Prof. Dr. Drozdstoy S. Stoyanov
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2200 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Open Access Original ResearchElectroacupuncture Improves Depression-Like Behavior by Regulating the Abundance of Lactobacillus and Staphylococci in MiceXiaoke Qiu, Zheng Li, Shengtao Huang, Xiaowen Cai, ... Zhinan ZhangJ. Integr. Neurosci. 2023, 22(2), 28; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jin220202826Downloads107Views
- Open Access ReviewThe Role of Ferroptosis in Nervous System DisordersLixia Du, You Wu, Zhongmin Fan, Yi Li, ... Xijing ZhangJ. Integr. Neurosci. 2023, 22(1), 19; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jin2201019153Downloads1Citations275Views
- Open Access Original ResearchHigh Salt Intake Induces Active Coping Behaviors by Enhancing the Resilience against Psychological Stress in MiceRino Hashimoto, Toshiya Murakami, Ryuma Kamimura, Tohru Matsuki, Kenjiro SekiJ. Integr. Neurosci. 2022, 21(6), 173; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jin210617367Downloads280Views
- Open Access Original ResearchHigher Depression Scores in Patients with Drug-Resistant SchizophreniaGeorgi PanovJ. Integr. Neurosci. 2022, 21(5), 126; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jin210512635Downloads2Citations191Views
- Open Access Original ResearchAnxiolytic Effect of Satureja montana Dry Extract and its Active Compounds Rosmarinic Acid and Carvacrol in Acute Stress Experimental ModelNatalia Vilmosh, Delyan Delev, Ilia Kostadinov, Hristina Zlatanova, ... Ivanka KostadinovaJ. Integr. Neurosci. 2022, 21(5), 124; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jin210512465Downloads4Citations171Views
- Open Access Original ResearchFunctional MRI Correlates of Stroop N-Back Test Underpin the Diagnosis of Major DepressionDenitsa Simeonova, Rositsa Paunova, Kristina Stoyanova, Anna Todeva-Radneva, ... Drozdstoy StoyanovJ. Integr. Neurosci. 2022, 21(4), 113; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jin210411397Downloads6Citations321Views
- Open Access Original ResearchMajor depression disorder diagnosis and analysis based on structural magnetic resonance imaging and deep learningYu Wang, Ning Gong, Changyang FuJ. Integr. Neurosci. 2021, 20(4), 977–984; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jin2004098188Downloads1Citations523Views