Headaches are common problems in daily clinical practice that is encountered by family physicians, neurologists and neurosurgeons. Nearly 90% of men/women have at least one type of headache in each year. Most of these patients can experience recurrent headaches. According to the International Headache Society, migraine with and without aura, tension headaches and cluster headaches constitute most primary headaches. Secondary headaches are symptoms of any organic diseases. There are many researches about headache; however, there is still a gap in this field. Particularly, mechanism of the headache attacks, the relationship with other neurological disorders, the role of genetic, effect on daily life and quality of life.
For an upcoming Special Issue (Headache) in the Journal of Integrative Neuroscience (SCI-E and pubmed indexed), we invite researchers to contribute their original research articles, short communications, mini-reviews, opinions or systematic review articles about all type of headache. We also encourage researchers all around the world to disseminate their studies or reviews not only among adults but also among children. We hope this special issue will stimulate the continuing efforts to better understand all type of headache, relationship between other neurologic disorders, integrative therapy options and public health aspects. Potential topics may include;
- COVID-19 and headache
● Childhood migraine and screen addiction
● Biochemical alterations during the headache attacks
● Sleep disorders and headache
● New treatment options for determining of headaches
● Useful screening scales for headache
● Population based studies on primary headaches
● Genetic researches about headache
● Effect of complementary therapies (such as acupuncture, neural therapy, cupping therapy) on headache.
Prof. Dr. Yasemin Cayir
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2200 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Open Access ReviewOnabotulinumtoxinA for the treatment of headache: an updated reviewJoseph H. Talbet, Ayman G. ElnahryJ. Integr. Neurosci. 2022, 21(1), 37; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jin2101037(This article belongs to the Special Issue Headache)246Downloads2Citations589Views
- Open Access PerspectiveExamining the association between traumatic brain injury and headacheMohammad MofattehJ. Integr. Neurosci. 2021, 20(4), 1079–1094; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.jin2004109(This article belongs to the Special Issue Headache)170Downloads1Citations688Views