- Clark BlatteisProfessor, Physiology, 894 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38163Interests: 3 books, 195 peer-reviewed articles, 192 abstracts publications, 2 grants, Editor of Frontiers in Bioscience, American Journal of PhysiologySpecial Issues and Topics in IMR Press journals
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Effects of opioids, cannabinoids, and vanilloids on body temperatureScott M. Rawls, Khalid BenamarFront. Biosci. (Schol Ed) 2011, 3(3), 822–845; https://doi.org/10.2741/19035Downloads21Citations80Views
- Physiological importance and control of non-shivering facultative thermogenesisJ. Enrique SilvaFront. Biosci. (Schol Ed) 2011, 3(1), 352–371; https://doi.org/10.2741/S156112Downloads58Citations209Views
- Cold defence responses: the role of oxidative stressDusko P. Blagojevic, Gordana N. Grubor-Lajsic, Mihajlo B. SpasicFront. Biosci. (Schol Ed) 2011, 3(2), 416–427; https://doi.org/10.2741/S16195Downloads39Citations241Views
- Cold thermoregulatory responses following exertional fatigueJohn W. Castellani, Michael N. Sawka, David W. DeGroot, Andrew J. YoungFront. Biosci. (Schol Ed) 2010, 2(3), 854–865; https://doi.org/10.2741/S106101Downloads15Citations149Views
- Thermoregulatory and thermal control in the human cutaneous circulationJohn M. Johnson, Dean L. Kellogg, JrFront. Biosci. (Schol Ed) 2010, 2(3), 825–853; https://doi.org/10.2741/S105110Downloads43Citations177Views
- Role of endotoxin and cytokines in the systemic inflammatory response to heat injuryLisa R. Leon, Bryan G. HelwigFront. Biosci. (Schol Ed) 2010, 2(3), 916–938; https://doi.org/10.2741/S11175Downloads32Citations96Views
- Physiological modeling for technical, clinical and research applicationsDusan Fiala, Agnes Psikuta, Gerd Jendritzky, Stefan Paulke, ... Arjan J.H. FrijnsFront. Biosci. (Schol Ed) 2010, 2(3), 939–968; https://doi.org/10.2741/S112108Downloads71Citations187Views
- Stem cells as potential therapeutic targets for inflammatory bowel diseaseUdai P. Singh, Narendra P. Singh, Balwan Singh, Manoj K. Mishra, ... Shree Ram SinghFront. Biosci. (Schol Ed) 2010, 2(3), 993–1008; https://doi.org/10.2741/S1158Downloads36Citations51Views
- Thermoregulation, energy balance, regulatory peptides: recent developmentsMiklos Szekely, Erika Petervari, Marta BalaskoFront. Biosci. (Schol Ed) 2010, 2(3), 1009–1046; https://doi.org/10.2741/S11647Downloads35Citations141Views
- Metabolic requirements of shivering humansFrancois Haman, Denis P. Blondin, Marie-Andree Imbeault, Anali ManeshiFront. Biosci. (Schol Ed) 2010, 2(3), 1155–1168; https://doi.org/10.2741/S12457Downloads17Citations78Views
- The effect of anesthesia on body temperature controlRainer LenhardtFront. Biosci. (Schol Ed) 2010, 2(3), 1145–1154; https://doi.org/10.2741/S123291Downloads69Citations575Views
- Mechanisms and controllers of eccrine sweating in humansManabu Shibasaki, Craig G. CrandallFront. Biosci. (Schol Ed) 2010, 2(2), 685–696; https://doi.org/10.2741/S9466Downloads44Citations179Views