Bacterial resistance to aminoglycoside and beta-lactam antibiotics: molecular genetics and dissemination
- Marcelo TolmaskyAssistant Professor, Biological Science, California State University, Fullerton, P.O. Box 6850, Fullerton, CA 92834-6850Interests: 51 publications, 2 grants, Editor of Frontiers in Bioscience
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Treatment of epilepsy: existing therapies and future developmentsSimon P. Aiken, William M. BrownFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2000, 5(4), 124–152; https://doi.org/10.2741/aiken5Download17Citations3Views
- Bacterial resistance to aminoglycosides and beta-lactams: the Tn1331 transposon paradigmMarcelo E. TolmaskyFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2000, 5(3), 20–29; https://doi.org/10.2741/tolmasky6Download7Citations12Views
- Inhibitor resistant class A beta-lactamasesRobert A. Bonomo, Louis B. RiceFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 1999, 4(5), 34–41; https://doi.org/10.2741/A47710Download22Citations17Views
- Conjugative transfer in the dissemination of beta-lactam and aminoglycoside resistanceVirginia L. WatersFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 1999, 4(4), 433–456; https://doi.org/10.2741/waters22Download31Citations25Views
The chromosomal 2'-N-acetyltransferase of Providencia stuartii: physiological functions and genetic regulationDavid R. Macinga, Philip N. RatherFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 1999, 4(4), 132–140; https://doi.org/10.2741/macinga10Download32Citations15Views
- Protein dephosphorylation and the intracellular control of the cell numberNorbert BerndtFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 1999, 4(4), 22–42; https://doi.org/10.2741/berndt2Download24Citations3Views
- Aminoglycoside resistance mediated by the bifunctional enzyme 6'-N-aminoglycoside acetyltransferase-2"-O-aminoglycoside phosphotransferaseEsther Culebras, José L. MartínezFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 1999, 4(4), 1–8; https://doi.org/10.2741/culebras8Download36Citations10Views
- Aminoglycoside phosphotransferases: proteins, structure, and mechanismGerard D. Wright, Paul R. ThompsonFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 1999, 4(4), 9–21; https://doi.org/10.2741/wright135Download39Citations92Views
- Developing a snapshot of the ATP binding domain(s) of aminoglycoside phosphotransferasesMichael H. Perlin, Scott A. Brown, Jaydev N. DholakiaFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 1999, 4(4), 63–71; https://doi.org/10.2741/perlin6Download2Citations11Views