- Sergei MirkinProfessor, Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, 900 S. Ashland Ave., Chicago, IL 60607Interests: 63 publications, 1 grant, Editor of Frontiers in Bioscience, Gene, Gene Therapy and Molecular Biology
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Discovery of alternative DNA structures: a heroic decade (1979-1989)Sergei M. MirkinFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(3), 1064–1071; https://doi.org/10.2741/274483Downloads92Citations147Views
- Slipped strand DNA structuresRichard R. Sinden, Malgorzata J. Pytlos-Sinden, Vladimir N. PotamanFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2007, 12(13), 4788–4799; https://doi.org/10.2741/2427101Downloads47Citations235Views
- Chromosome fragility: molecular mechanisms and cellular consequencesCatherine H. FreudenreichFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2007, 12(13), 4911–4924; https://doi.org/10.2741/243741Downloads43Citations316Views
- Hairpin- and cruciform-mediated chromosome breakage: causes and consequences in eukaryotic cellsKirill S. Lobachev, Alison Rattray, Vidhya NarayananFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2007, 12(11), 4208–4220; https://doi.org/10.2741/238151Downloads84Citations81Views
- Repair and recombination induced by triple helix DNAJoanna Y. Chin, Erica B. Schleifman, Peter M. GlazerFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2007, 12(11), 4288–4297; https://doi.org/10.2741/238828Downloads52Citations41Views
- Tetraplex DNA and its interacting proteinsMichael FryFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2007, 12(11), 4336–4351; https://doi.org/10.2741/239163Downloads127Citations128Views
- DNA structure and human diseasesSathees C. Raghavan, Michael R. LieberFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2007, 12(7), 4402–4408; https://doi.org/10.2741/2397106Downloads22Citations82Views
- Supercoil-driven DNA structures regulate genetic transactionsFedor Kouzine, David LevensFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2007, 12(7), 4409–4423; https://doi.org/10.2741/239836Downloads84Citations167Views
- Z-DNA, an active element in the genomeGuliang Wang, Karen M. VasquezFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2007, 12(7), 4424–4438; https://doi.org/10.2741/2399439Downloads88Citations477Views
- Triplex DNA and human diseaseJohn J. BisslerFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2007, 12(7), 4536–4546; https://doi.org/10.2741/240870Downloads48Citations89Views
- The human telomere and its relationship to human disease, therapy, and tissue engineeringIan K. Moon, Michael B. JarstferFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2007, 12(7), 4595–4620; https://doi.org/10.2741/24129Downloads35Citations44Views
- Chromatin structure of repeating CTG/CAG and CGG/CCG sequences in human diseaseYuh-Hwa WangFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2007, 12(12), 4731–4741; https://doi.org/10.2741/242218Downloads25Citations45Views