- Michael OkunCo-Director Movement, Neurology and Neurosurgery, 100 S Newell Dr, 3rd Floor, Rm L3-101Interests: 95 peer reviewed articles and 12 book chapters publications, 4 sources (NIH, NPF, Parkinson Alliance, Mich grants, Editor of Frontiers in Bioscience, NeurologySpecial Issues in IMR Press journals
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Cognitive and limbic circuits that are affected by deep brain stimulationSuzanne N. Haber, Justin L. BruckerFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2009, 14(5), 1823–1834; https://doi.org/10.2741/334412Download21Citations13Views
- Neuropsychology of deep brain stimulation in neurology and psychiatryAlexander I. TrosterFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2009, 14(5), 1857–1879; https://doi.org/10.2741/334713Download20Citations56Views
- Deep brain stimulation for refractory obsessive-compulsive disorderAdam Burdick, Wayne K. Goodman, Kelly D. FooteFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2009, 14(5), 1880–1890; https://doi.org/10.2741/33488Download19Citations11Views
- Cognitive and limbic effects of deep brain stimulation in preclinical studiesYasin Temel, Sonny Tan, Rinske Vlamings, Thibaut Sesia, ... Christelle BaunezFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2009, 14(5), 1891–1901; https://doi.org/10.2741/334913Download24Citations19Views
- The evolution of deep brain stimulation for neuropsychiatric disordersBenjamin D. Greenberg, Kathleen D. Askland, Linda L. CarpenterFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(12), 4638–4648; https://doi.org/10.2741/302910Download32Citations11Views
Does deep brain stimulation induce apathy in parkinson's disease?Lindsey Kirsch-Darrow, Ania Mikos, Dawn BowersFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(14), 5316–5322;6Download3Views
A Clinical review of deep brain stimulation and its effects on limbic basal ganglia circuitryChristian Saleh, Michael Scott OkunFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(15), 5708–5731; https://doi.org/10.2741/31113Download17Citations10Views
- Tracking the mechanisms of deep brain stimulation for neuropsychiatric disordersJ Luis Lujan, Ashutosh Chaturvedi, Cameron C McIntyreFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(15), 5892–5904; https://doi.org/10.2741/312410Download50Citations19Views