- Mark SlevinDr., School of Biology, Chemistry and Health Science, John Dalton Building, Chester Street, ManchesterInterests: 57 publications, 3 grants, Editor of Frontiers in BioscienceSpecial Issues in IMR Press journals
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Imaging of early inflammation in low-to-moderate carotid stenosis by 18-FDG-PETM.Angels Font, Alex Fernandez, Ana Carvajal, Cristina Gamez, ... Jerzy KrupinskiFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2009, 14(9), 3352–3360; https://doi.org/10.2741/34579Download37Citations21Views
- EPC adhesion to arteries from diabetic and non-diabetic patients: effect of pioglitazoneEmilio Ruiz, Santiago Redondo, Antonio Gordillo-Moscoso, Enrique Rodriguez, ... Teresa TejerinaFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2009, 14(9), 3608–3618; https://doi.org/10.2741/34751Download7Citations5Views
- Insights into the pathogenesis and pathogenicity of cerebral amyloid angiopathySeth Love, Scott Miners, Jen Palmer, Katy Chalmers, Patrick KehoeFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2009, 14(12), 4778–4792; https://doi.org/10.2741/356714Download45Citations25Views
- Arterial remodeling in vascular disease: a key role for hyaluronan and versicanThomas N. WightFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(13), 4933–4937; https://doi.org/10.2741/305212Download66Citations13Views
- Angiogenesis and inflammation in carotid atherosclerosisJerzy Krupinski, Angels Font, Ana Luque, Marta Turu, Mark SlevinFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(17), 6472–6482; https://doi.org/10.2741/31679Download26Citations9Views
- Overexpression of hypoxia/inflammatory markers in atherosclerotic carotid plaquesAna Luque, Marta Turu, Oriol Juan-Babot, Pere Cardona, ... Jerzy KrupinskiFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(17), 6483–6490; https://doi.org/10.2741/31684Download28Citations7Views
- The normal cellular prion protein and its possible role in angiogenesisMarta Turu, Mark Slevin, Priya Ethirajan, Ana Luque, ... Jerzy KrupinskiFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(17), 6491–6500; https://doi.org/10.2741/316910Download14Citations10Views
- Dynamin and perforin are associated with neovascularisation in advanced carotid plaquesMark Slevin, Priya Ethirajan, Mohammed Molki, John Gaffney, ... Jerzy KrupinskiFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(17), 6515–6519; https://doi.org/10.2741/31712Download4Views
- Development of a human neural stem cell line for use in recovery from disability after strokePaul Stroemer, Andrew Hope, Sara Patel, Kenny Pollock, John SindenFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(6), 2290–2292; https://doi.org/10.2741/28429Download18Citations16Views
- Lysyl oxidase and endothelial dysfunction: mechanisms of lysyl oxidase down-regulation by pro-inflammatory cytokinesJavier F. Alcudia, Jose Martinez-Gonzalez, Anna Guadall, Maria Gonzalez-Diez, ... Cristina RodriguezFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(7), 2721–2727; https://doi.org/10.2741/28799Download21Citations7Views
- Metalloproteinases and atherothrombosis: MMP-10 mediates vascular remodeling promoted by inflammatory stimuliJose A. Rodriguez, Josune Orbe, Sara Martinez de Lizarrondo, Olivier Calvayrac, ... Jose A. ParamoFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(8), 2916–2921; https://doi.org/10.2741/289621Download69Citations51Views
- Vascular effects of thrombin: involvement of NOR-1 in thrombin-induced mitogenic stimulus in vascular cellsLluis Martorell, Cristina Rodriguez, Olivier Calvayrac, Maurizio Gentile, ... Jose Martinez-GonzalezFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(8), 2909–2915; https://doi.org/10.2741/28952Download14Citations3Views
- Clinical significance of acute phase reaction in stroke patientsTomasz DziedzicFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2008, 13(8), 2922–2927; https://doi.org/10.2741/28977Download40Citations21Views