- Department of Food Science and Nutrition, CAMS, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman Ageing and Dementia Research Group, SQU, OmanInterests: Nutrition, Neuropharmacology, Nutritional Neuroscience, NeurodegenerationSpecial Issues and Topics in IMR Press journals
- Sandeep Mittal, MD, PhDMD PhD, Department of Neurological Surgery, Wayne State University School of MedicineInterests: 100 publications, 15 grants, Editor of 20Special Issues and Topics in IMR Press journals
- Gilles J. Guillemin, PhDPhD, Macquarie University, NSW, AustraliaInterests: 200 publications, 45 grants, Editor of 40Special Issues and Topics in IMR Press journals
- Assoc. Prof., Department of Pharmacology, JSS College of Pharmacy, JSS Academy of Higher Education & Research (JSS AHER), Mysuru-570015, Karnataka, IndiaInterests: Neuropharmacology, Toxicology, Behavior and Cognitive SciencesSpecial Issues and Topics in IMR Press journals
The central nervous system (CNS) consists of brain and spinal cord and nervous system is vulnerable to various disorders. It can be damaged by the following trauma, degeneration, structural defects, sleep related issues, infection, etc. World health organization predicts that the neurodegenerative diseases (NDDs) including Alzheimer’s disease (AD), Parkinson’s disease (PD) and Huntington's disease (HD), sleep issues and neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism, ADHD, etc will be a global burden in the coming decade. These CNS mainly brain diseases will affect both early and elderly life. Even though, the prevalence of these diseases are increasing and the etiology remain elusive, and the current therapeutic strategies are having less retention and expensive. So there is an urgent need to find out alternative strategies to delay the progression of these diseases. Recently, researchers showing the high attention towards nutritional prospects/benefits towards health and disease maintenance and in line with that, in this special issue, the role of nutrition in nervous system health and disease status will be included along with topics related with ageing, sleep, neuro-degeneration and potential therapeutics through nutrition.
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 2500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Effects of Telmisartan, an AT1 receptor antagonist, on mitochondria-specific genes expression in a mouse MPTP model of ParkinsonismBipul Ray, Girish Ramesh, Sudhir Rama Verma, Srinivasan Ramamurthy, ... Saravana Babu ChidambaramFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2021, 26(8), 262–271; https://doi.org/10.52586/494283Downloads5Citations205Views
- Acetylsalicylic acid improves cognitive performance in sleep deprived adult Zebrafish (Danio rerio) modelMuhammed Bishir, Muhammed Aslam, Abid Bhat, Bipul Ray, ... Saravana Babu ChidambaramFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2021, 26(6), 114–124; https://doi.org/10.52586/4928143Downloads4Citations402Views
- Impact of vitamin D on neurocognitive function in dementia, depression, schizophrenia and ADHDNithila Mariam Roy, Lara Al-Harthi, Neela Sampat, Rawan Al-Mujaini, ... M. Walid QoronflehFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2021, 26(3), 566–611; https://doi.org/10.2741/4908986Downloads22Citations2330Views
- Antioxidant therapies in attention deficit hyperactivity disorderMarzieh Moghadas, Musthafa Mohamed Essa, Taher Ba-omar, Aisha Al-Shehi, ... Mohammad Amin EdlatmaneshFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2019, 24(2), 313–333; https://doi.org/10.2741/4720286Downloads6Citations829Views
- Autism in the Gulf States: a regional overviewM. Walid Qoronflesh, Musthafa Mohamed Essa, Sana T. Alharahsheh, Yahya Mohamed Al-Farsi, Samir Al-AdawiFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2019, 24(2), 334–346; https://doi.org/10.2741/472176Downloads11Citations140Views
Impact of epigenetics in aging and age related neurodegenerative diseasesOmkaram Gangisetty, Miguel A. Cabrera, Sengottuvelan MuruganFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2018, 23(8), 1445–1464; https://doi.org/10.2741/465493Downloads22Citations302Views
Biophysical interaction of resveratrol with sirtuin pathway: Significance in Alzheimer’s diseaseSathya Mohan, Thilagar 1, Arul Salomy, Meher Nisha, ... Muthuswamy AnusuyadeviFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2018, 23(7), 1380–1390; https://doi.org/10.2741/465049Downloads15Citations116Views
Choline, the brain and neurodegeneration: insights from epigeneticsRola A. BekdashFront. Biosci. (Landmark Ed) 2018, 23(6), 1113–1143; https://doi.org/10.2741/4636156Downloads21Citations513Views