- Animal Science and Nutrition, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USAInterests: Amino acids and protein; Nutrition; HealthSpecial Issues and Topics in IMR Press journalsSpecial Issue in Amino acids in nutrition, health, and diseaseSpecial Issue in Amino acids in nutrition, health, and disease
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
Functional amino acids in fish health and welfareSynne M. Andersen, Rune Waagbø, Marit EspeFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2016, 8(1), 143–169; https://doi.org/10.2741/757252Downloads17Citations312Views
Amino acids in sheep productionSusan A. McCoard, Francisco A. Sales, Quentin L. SciasciaFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2016, 8(2), 264–288; https://doi.org/10.2741/E76699Downloads19Citations170Views
Amino acids in healthy aging skeletal muscleEmily S. Riddle, Martha H. Stipanuk, Anna E. Thalacker-MercerFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2016, 8(2), 326–350; https://doi.org/10.2741/E770100Downloads3Citations133Views
- Bioavailability of different dietary supplemental methionine sources in animalsShuai Zhang, Eric A. Wong, Elizabeth R. GilbertFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2015, 7(3), 478–490; https://doi.org/10.2741/E744107Downloads18Citations159Views
- Metabolomic analysis of plasma and liver from surplus arginine fed Atlantic salmonSynne M. Andersen, Houssein I. Assaad, Gang Lin, Junjun Wang, ... Marit EspeFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2015, 7(1), 77–89; https://doi.org/10.2741/E71813Downloads3Citations37Views
- Systems nutrition: an innovation of a scientific system in animal nutritionDe-Xun LuFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2014, 6(1), 55–61; https://doi.org/10.2741/E69044Downloads3Citations56Views
- Gestational protein restriction affects trophoblast differentiationHaijun Gao, Uma Yallampalli, Chandra YallampalliFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2013, 5(2), 591–601; https://doi.org/10.2741/E64111Downloads11Citations33Views
Maternal protein restriction regulates IGF2 system in placental labyrinthHaijun Gao, Kunju Reddiar Sathishkumar, Uma Yallampalli, Meena Balakrishnan, ... Chandra YallampalliFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2012, 4(4), 1434–1450; https://doi.org/10.2741/e4727Downloads16Citations27Views
- Specific roles of threonine in intestinal mucosal integrity and barrier functionXiangbing Mao, Xiangfang Zeng, Shiyan Qiao, Guoyao Wu, Defa LiFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2011, 3(4), 1192–1200; https://doi.org/10.2741/E322186Downloads17Citations265Views
- SNAT2 transceptor signalling via mTOR: a role in cell growth and proliferation?Jorge Pinilla, Juan Carlos Aledo, Emma Cwiklinski, Russell Hyde, ... Harinder S HundalFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2011, 3(4), 1289–1299; https://doi.org/10.2741/E332152Downloads7Citations208Views
- Effects of monosodium glutamate supplementation on glutamine metabolism in adult ratsClaire Boutry, Cecile Bos, Hideki Matsumoto, Patrick Even, ... François BlachierFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2011, 3(1), 279–290; https://doi.org/10.2741/E24327Downloads8Citations52Views
- Obesity in pregnancy: problems and potential solutionsJason R. McKnight, M. Carey Satterfield, Xilong Li, Haijun Gao, ... Guoyao WuFront. Biosci. (Elite Ed) 2011, 3(2), 442–452; https://doi.org/10.2741/E25979Downloads23Citations150Views