The special issue aims to feature research that shapes our understanding of the application of minimally invasive surgery in gynecologic oncology.
Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) has revolutionized the management of gynecologic cancers with the advantages of decreased surgical morbidity, shorter hospitalization, and improved quality of life compared to laparotomy. The rapid adoption of MIS was driven by all relevant stakeholders such as surgeons, patients, hospitals, and insurance providers. Indeed, practice patterns changed prior to data proving equivalent oncologic outcomes from MIS, when compared to laparotomy, were available. This special issue of the European Journal of Gynecologic Oncology seeks original research on the role of MIS in gynecologic oncology, with emphasis given to comparative effectiveness and oncologic outcomes. Original research describing novel MIS techniques presented with outcomes, as well as research examining oncologic safety in MIS are also invited.
Assis. Prof. Dr. James Stuart Ferriss
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://www.ejgo.net by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 1500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.
- Open Access Rapid CommunicationSingle-site robotic-assisted hysterectomy and sentinel lymph node mapping for low-risk endometrial cancer: surgical technique and preliminary outcomesFelix Chan, Cherynne Yuin Mun JohanssonEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(5), 966–972; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo42051456Downloads46Views
- Open Access Letter to the EditorLaparoscopic cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC for advanced ovarian cancerRodríguez-Ortiz Lidia, Arjona-Sánchez ÁlvaroEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(4), 613–614; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo42040954Downloads51Views
- Open Access Original ResearchA comparison of laparoscopic and open surgery for early stage endometrial cancer with analysis of prognostic factors: a propensity score matching studyHao Lin, Hung-Chun Fu, Fu-Tsai Kung, Yu-Jen Chen, ... Yu-Che OuEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(4), 703–710; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo42041078Downloads64Views
- Open Access Original ResearchAn innovative tissue model for robot-assisted radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomyKota Umemura, Yosuke Kawai, Hiroko Machida, Ryosuke Uekusa, ... Michiyasu KawaiEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(3), 482–487; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.03.22956Downloads64Views
- Open Access Original ResearchLaparoscopic total vaginectomy for isolated vaginal recurrence of cervical cancer or high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion after hysterectomy: a retrospective, single-centre cohort studyKota Okamoto, Yoichi Aoki, Eiji Kondo, Yusuke Shimizu, ... Hiroyuki KanaoEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(3), 494–498; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.03.233510Downloads1Citations76Views
- Open Access Case ReportLower leg compartment syndrome following laparoscopic uterine malignancy surgery for uterine cancer complicated by rheumatoid arthritis: a case report and literature reviewHanako Sato, Yasushi Kotani, Shiro Takamatsu, Mamiko Ohta, ... Noriomi MatsumuraEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(3), 590–594; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.03.22968Downloads66Views
- Open Access Case ReportEndometrial cancer with tubal metastasis detected during laparoscopic surgery in a patient undergoing fertility-sparing treatment with medroxyprogesterone acetate: a case report and review of the literatureImari Deura, Yuko Nagasawa, Ryo Kanamori, Eriko Shiraishi, ... Nao SuzukiEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(3), 598–604; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.03.233410Downloads2Citations47Views
- Open Access Case ReportStage IA endometrial cancer recurrence around the ureter after laparoscopic surgeryRikiya Sano, Yoshiaki Ota, Soichiro Suzuki, Takuya Moriya, Mitsuru ShiotaEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(2), 360–364; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.02.22927Downloads65Views
- Open Access ReviewIntroduction of minimally invasive surgery for the treatment of endometrial cancer in Japan: a reviewYuichiro Miyamoto, Michihiro Tanikawa, Kenbun Sone, Mayuyo Mori-Uchino, ... Yutaka OsugaEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(1), 10–17; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.01.22644Downloads59Views
- Open Access ReviewThe current evidence for the use of minimally-invasive surgery in endometrial cancerJoseph J. Noh, Tae-Joong KimEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(1), 18–25; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.01.22977Downloads67Views
- Open Access Systematic ReviewSurgical approach in early stage cervical cancer: the Asian view pointHiroko Machida, Hiroshi Yoshida, Kenji Izumi, Rie Nakajima, ... Mikio MikamiEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(1), 30–37; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.01.227016Downloads3Citations71Views
- Open Access Original ResearchShort-term outcomes for patients with endometrial cancer who received robot-assisted modified radical hysterectomy: A retrospective observational studyTomohito Tanaka, Shoko Ueda, Shunsuke Miyamoto, Shinichi Terada, ... Masahide OhmichiEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(1), 90–95; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.01.22625Downloads58Views
- Open Access Original ResearchThe impact of post-operative voiding trial on length of stay following laparoscopic hysterectomy: a prospective, randomized control trialMichelle Davis, Kathryn Barletta, Alexcis Ford, Roni Nitecki, ... Colleen FeltmateEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(1), 110–117; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.01.22935Downloads1Citations68Views
- Open Access Original ResearchStudy of laparoscopic monopolar devices and its thermal effectsMotoki Matsuura, Masato Tamate, Sachiko Nagao, Muna Nishio, ... Tsuyoshi SaitoEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(1), 118–121; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.01.23119Downloads65Views
- Open Access Original ResearchOutcomes and complications of total laparoscopic hysterectomy after conizationKaori Hoshino, Yasuyuki Kinjo, Hiroshi Harada, Taeko Ueda, ... Kiyoshi YoshinoEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(1), 122–128; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.01.231911Downloads68Views
- Open Access Case ReportCesarean scar perforation in laparoscopic hysterectomy for endometrial cancer: a case reportAzusa Kimura, Kenro Chikazawa, Ken Imai, Ito Takaki, ... Ryo KonnoEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(1), 179–182; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.01.22567Downloads52Views
- Open Access Case ReportA modified technique of laparoscopic radical trachelectomy combined with extracorporeal cervical amputation through a mini-laparotomyZen Watanabe, Hideki Tokunaga, Masumi Ishibashi, Shogo Shigeta, ... Nobuo YaegashiEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(1), 183–188; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.01.22788Downloads63Views
- Open Access Case ReportRobotic hysterectomy with pelvic lymphadenectomy for early endometrial cancer in a patient with situs inversus totalis using 3D-CT analysis: a case reportHideaki Yajima, Eiji Kondo, Masafumi Nii, Michiko Kaneda, ... Tomoaki IkedaEur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2021, 42(1), 189–192; https://doi.org/10.31083/j.ejgo.2021.01.22945Downloads66Views