Cite this article
Volume | Year
European Journal of Gynaecological Oncology (EJGO) is published by IMR Press from Volume 40 Issue 1 (2019). Previous articles were published by another publisher on a subscription basis, and they are hosted by IMR Press on imrpress.com as a courtesy and upon agreement with S.O.G.
Correlation of cancer risk evaluation and early detection (CADET) scores with abnormal ultrasonographic ovarian findings
J. Hasson1, G. Rattan1, I. Heller2, J. B. Lessing1, D. Grisaru1,*
1 1Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv
2 2Internal Medicine “H”, Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University, Tel-Aviv (Israel)
Eur. J. Gynaecol. Oncol. 2012, 33(3), 265–268;
Published: 10 June 2012
Objective: To determine the utility of a modified version of ovarian cancer-focused cancer risk evaluation and early detection (CADET) scores as a screening tool for ultrasonographic ovarian findings. Study design: Prospective pilot study. Main outcome measures: CADET scores were compared with abnormal ultrasonographic ovarian findings of peri- and postmenopausal women who attended their gynecologist for a routine check-up. The women filled in the CADET questionnaire before seeing their gynecologists who were blinded to the CADET results. The women whom they referred for pelvic transvaginal ultrasonographic examination comprised the study group. The results of their scans were compared with their CADET scores. Results: Of the 181 peri- and postmenopausal women who were candidates for this study, 154 were referred for ultrasonography, of whom 38 (24%, Group A) had abnormal ovarian scans (30 simple cysts and 8 complex findings). The other 116 (76%) women had normal sonograms (Group B). Demographic characteristics were similar for both groups. Thirteen Group A women (34%) and 52 Group B women (45%) had positive CADET scores (p = NS). The average group CADET scores were also not significantly different (0.8 ± 1.7 for Group A and 1.7 ± 2.5 for Group B). Conclusion: CADET scores did not correlate with abnormal ultrasonographic ovarian findings.