- Biomedical Informatics Research Lab, School of Basic Medicine and Clinical Pharmacy, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China; Cancer Genomics Research Center, School of Basic Medicine and Clinical Pharmacy, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China; Big Data Research Institute, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, ChinaInterests: bioinformatics; cancer immunotherapy; medical genomics
Breast cancer has become the most common malignancy worldwide. Breast cancer can be divided into several subtypes according to the expression pattern of estrogen receptor (ER), progesterone receptor (PR), and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2). Treatment based on this classification has largely improved the prognosis for breast cancer patients. However, because the 5-year recurrence or metastasis rate of breast cancer remains high (nearly 20%-30%), new strategies are urgently needed to improve outcomes in breast cancer patients. Emerging new treatment strategies, such as immune checkpoint inhibitors, phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) inhibitors, and drugs targeting DNA damage responses have expanded the therapeutic landscape for breast cancer. However, the overall clinical efficacy of these strategies remains unclear. This special issue aims to explore new strategies for improving breast cancer diagnosis and treatment. We request authors submit original research and review articles focusing on but not limited to the following areas:
1. Molecular classification of breast cancer;
2. New biomarkers for predicting the prognosis for breast cancer patients;
3. Identifying molecular features associated with tumor immunity and immunotherapy response in breast cancer;
4. New drugs potentially useful for breast cancer treatment.
Dr. Xiaosheng Wang
Manuscripts should be submitted via our online editorial system at https://imr.propub.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to start your submission. Manuscripts can be submitted now or up until the deadline. All papers will go through peer-review process. Accepted papers will be published in the journal (as soon as accepted) and meanwhile listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, reviews as well as short communications are preferred. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office to announce on this website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts will be thoroughly refereed through a double-blind peer-review process. Please visit the Instruction for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) in this open access journal is 1500 USD. Submitted manuscripts should be well formatted in good English.